Sunday, August 8, 2010

A little taste of Spain...


The other day, the beautiful ladies at Bavarian Meats gave me a nice chunk of their Hungarian paprika salami along with the half-pound of sliced I asked for. So what'd I do? I chopped it up into squares, fried it in a little olive oil, turned off the heat and then added a sliced garlic clove, letting it warm through. I then blanched some sliced kale in lightly salted water, squeezed it dry, then threw it in with some cooked white beans. The juice of one lemon, some red wine vinegar, lots of good olive oil, plenty of black pepper and a little salt... Delicious!

Along with a hunk of Iberico sheep's milk cheese from Spain, some bread and a bottle of Marqués de Riscal Rioja Reserva, and dinner was done. So easy, and SO tasty.

Kyle D.T. Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment